The Mission of the May Dugan Center is “to help people enrich and advance their lives and communities.”
Welcome to the May Dugan Center
On November 8, I will celebrate my seventh anniversary at the May Dugan Center. As I reflect over the past years, it brings me great joy and comfort to know that during this time frame, we have made some significant accomplishments. The first couple of years it was imperative to revisit our mission, vision and core programming. We set goals to strengthen and develop programs that are relevant to our mission and that will make a positive impact on the many individuals that we serve.
Some of our significant accomplishments include:
- Securing our accreditation status from CARF International. This has both professionalized our counseling and case management department as well as helping with sustainability through our ability to bill for our eligible units of service. We have also been able to build strong relationships with many community partners.
- In 2009, we established our Education and Resource Center that now includes additional components and one of the first Trauma Informed Classrooms in the City of Cleveland. Many students prepare for the GED examination, employment opportunities and basic reading and mathematical skills.
- The MomsFirst Program continues to help hundreds of teenagers prepare for a healthy pregnancy, nurture their children and prevent infant mortality. We are a proud partner of the City of Cleveland Department of Public Health.
- Our Food, Clothing and Fresh Produce Distribution program is the first pantry to utilize the pantry track software program that has shortened the waiting time for clients to receive their food and visit the clothing room. The addition of the second monthly produce distribution nearly doubled the number of clients served each month. We are proud partners with the Greater Cleveland Food Bank, Hunger Network and recipient of donated food from the Westlake Schools and several churches from the West Side suburbs. Hundreds of individuals graciously donate clothing and household items that our clients are able to use.
- Our Health & Wellness Program allows clients to have their blood pressure, blood glucose and other health screenings taken at the Food Distribution day and participate in other healthy initiatives sponsored through the program. St. Vincent Charity Hospital has been a great partner from the inception. In 2015, we launched our Senior Outreach Program and today we have over twenty seniors enrolled in a two day program that offers breakfast, lunch, music/art therapy and opportunities for socialization.
Over the past seven years, we have recruited and involved hundreds of volunteers who are dedicated to the mission of the center. The support from individuals and local/national foundations has increased immensely and has generated first time support as a result of our enhanced and expanded programming. With the development of a three year strategic plan, we remain on target and will continue “to help people enrich and advance their lives and communities.”
Rick A. Kemm, MNO
Click on the Link Below to View our 2014-2016 Strategic Plan!
2014 to 2016 Strategic Plan
Rick A. Kemm, MNO
216-631-5800 ext 102