About the Role
The Case Aide will work with directly with clients during their initial 90 days of placement in Cleveland. This position will be responsible for establishing housing, medical exams, and social service documentation and linkage. This position will then assess additional client needs for school enrollment, transportation, employment, and ongoing assistance in the development and implementation of service plans. This position works within a team of case aids and a manager.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide initial housing placement, including: researching and securing apartments, securing furniture and household goods, coordinating truck and volunteers for housing set-up, and ordering and ensuring utilities are turned on;
• Support clients with housing transitions, challenges, and crises, including landlord mediation and emergency financial assistance.
• Transport clients to initial interviews with Jobs and Family Services, and medical appointments.
• Meticulous attention to detail, paperwork, and filing requirements for all services.
• Performing other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
1. Speaks, acts and models behaviors sensitive and responsive to a person’s ethnic, cultural, and developmental background, to any disabling conditions, and to conditions that may affect the person’s ability to form accurate perceptions, process information, understand directions, and communicate important information.
2. Consistently interacts with members of this and other organizations in a respectful, professional manner; productively contributes to the functioning of an interdisciplinary team.
3. Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
4. Prior experience in providing resettlement services is strongly preferred
5. Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with providers, vendors, and clients of diverse backgrounds;
6. Knowledge of MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel and database programs;
7. Bilingual/multilingual ability is strongly preferred;
8. Must have a valid driver's license, insurance, clean driving record and personal transportation; and
9. Must have dedication to human rights of refugees, immigrants, asylum seekers, and displaced people.
Reception and Placement Program Case Aide
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $37,000.00 - $42,000.00 per year
About the Company
May Dugan Center is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. All interested and qualified parties are afforded equal opportunity with respect to employment, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.