4115 Bridge Avenue, Cleveland, OH, USA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide assessments of daily class work, and feedback to students about progress. · Work with the Director to develop and maintain ESL curriculum, administer on boarding paperwork, and initial and continuing assessments.
· Work to learn and use trauma informed philosophies and best and emerging practices to enhance classroom experience.
· Maintain a culture of community and celebration within the program.
· Provide in-person and online classroom experiences.
· Ability to develop and implement curriculum and programming specific to the needs of the ESL students.
· Perform various administrative duties as required.
.Ability to work from 11 AM to 7 PM four days a week for ESOL classes.
About the Role
Description: The May Dugan Center is looking for a qualified candidate to be part of the Education Resource Center. The ESOL teacher works with students to increase their proficiency with written and spoken English; All classroom activities culminate in relevant and measurable assessments. ESOL teacher may not have any language in common, nor will the students necessarily speak similar languages. The teacher will develop flexible, and inclusive teaching skills using pictures, demonstrations, repetition and role play. The duties of an ESOL teacher at May Dugan includes Trauma-Informed philosophy in all classroom interactions.
BA in education, High School diploma or GED. Experience in language acquisition is a plus.
TESOL/TEFL certification preferred, or willingness to obtain
Send resume and cover letter to Gretchen to apply: email@example.com
About the Company
May Dugan Center is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. All interested and qualified parties are afforded equal opportunity with respect to employment, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.